Saturday, May 12, 2018

Thick and Creamy Healthy Ranch Dip



Thick and Creamy Healthy Ranch Dip

Poor hubby was just told his triglycerides are HIGH!  This past week and a half, he's done a really good job making some needed dietary changes. I am proud of him!  I've done my best to help him by preparing some of his favorite healthy foods and I've tried out a few new recipes too!

This is a recipe for Ranch dip or salad dressing. The recipe comes from one of my favorite good blogs called "Ambitious Kitchen".  The recipe can be thinned out with a bit of water to make a pourable salad dressing but my husband is enjoying this as a thick and creamy dip.  My husband does NOT like Greek yogurt but he likes this dip.  If you have a well stocked spice cabinet and some Greek yogurt in your refrigerator, you may find you have these ingredients on hand already.  I just made a double recipe for my husband to snack on while I am out of town for a few days.

I think kids might like this dip but you might opt to leave out the chipotle chile pepper.

THICK AND CREAMY HEALTHY RANCH DIP

Adapted from www.ambitiouskitchen.com
Link to original recipe:  https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-greek-yogurt-ranch-dressing/

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage brand 2% Greek yogurt)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (original recipe calls for 1 teaspoon which we found to be too much)
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar (recipe calls for fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (recipe calls for dried dill or chives)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
  • water to thin dressing (I used about 2 teaspoons)
  • 1/16 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon honey

Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. 
Serve with your favorite veggies: cucumber, carrots, celery, bell pepper, etc.




Check out my funny looking carrot!

No comments: