Sunday, January 12, 2020

Spicy Ranch Dressing (Vegan)




Spicy Ranch Dressing


This has quickly become a favorite recipe in our home.  Since we are no longer eating dairy, we sometimes crave something a little creamy on our plates.  I found this recipe on a blog called “Forks Over Knives”.  The first time I made this recipe, I actually forgot to add the salsa.  The second time I made the recipe, I was surprised it was pink. Duh! I forgot to add the salsa the first time.  Lesson learned: you can make this recipe with or without salsa and it’s still great.  

I’ve been using this dressing on a variety of dishes as you can see from the photos (veggie wraps, sloppy joes, tostadas, and as a dip with carrots). 



Spicy Ranch Dressing 

Ingredients

  • ½ cup raw cashews
  • ¼ cup oil-free salsa
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic
  • ¼ teaspoon dried dill
  • ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
  • ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon sea salt
  • Hot pepper sauce, such as Cholula, to taste (optional)

Instructions

  1. In a high-speed blender combine the first eight ingredients (through salt) and ¼ cup water. Cover and blend until smooth. If desired, season with hot sauce. Chill before serving.






No comments: