Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Vegan Ranch Dressing (Soy Yogurt)


Ranch Dressing 

I’ve never been one to put Ranch salad dressing on everything... until recently.  Several weeks ago, I made a pizza recipe called “Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with Ranch Dressing” from a blog called “The Stingy Vegan”.  I really enjoyed the pizza but I absolutely love, love, LOVE the Ranch Dressing from the recipe.  It’s made with soy yogurt (I use Silk brand plain yogurt) and a bunch of dried herbs and spices. I’ve been tweaking the recipe a bit to suit my preferences (a little less of this and that) and I’ve been enjoying it with many dishes.  

Above... Everything But The Bagel Tofu and salad.

Below... taco salad with pinto beans, brown rice, avocado, tomatoes, Ranch dressing, and there’s a bunch of salad under all of that.


Below... Buffalo Chickpea pizza with ice berg lettuce, Ranch Dressing, hemp seeds, and green onions.


Below... roasted potatoes, ice berg lettuce, Buffalo Chickpea pizza, green onions, Ranch dressing, and hemp seeds.


Below... baked potato, mixed vegetables, hemp seeds, and Ranch dressing.


Here’s my modified version of the Ranch Salad Dressing 
(Inspired by a recipe found on “The Stingy Vegan”):

1/2 cup (112 grams) plain soy yogurt (I use Silk brand)
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon dehydrated onion/dried chopped onions
2 to 3 tablespoons plant based milk (I use unsweetened plain almond milk)

In a small bowl, combine the yogurt with all the dried herbs/spices.  Stir well to combine.  Add the milk and stir again until smooth and creamy.  Refrigerate leftovers.  

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love ranch dressing...vegan of course...
~Have a lovely day!