Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blender Mania! Smoothie #7 and Smoothie #8

So, how are you feeling about Day Light Savings time?  As for me, it’s not too bad but when it comes be being organized enough to take photos of new breakfast smoothies at “o’dark-thirty” in the wee hours of the morning before I am off to work…  it’s just not happening!
I have two new-ish smoothies for you.
Banana, Strawberry, and Orange Fruit Smoothie (Smoothie # 7)
  • 1 banana, broken into a few chunks
  • ¾ cup frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
  • Juice and pulp from one naval orange (use a citrus reamer to get every last bit of juice and pulp if you have a citrus reamer)
  • ¼ cup low fat, plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon (or less) honey (I recommend the honey that comes in a bear-shaped bottle; it’s cute so it tastes better... it's a fact!)
  • If desired, toss in 10 - 12 whole raw almonds (optional)
Blend all in a blender, pour into a glass, enjoy.
Comments:  Good idea to chop up the strawberries a bit before freezing them.  Otherwise, I think I might wear out my new blender!
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Smoothie (Smoothie #8 )
  • 2 small frozen bananas (bananas broken into a few chunks before freezing)
  • ¼ cup low fat, plain yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used the freshly ground PB from the health food store)
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (I used the kind from Hershey’s)
  • ½ cup low fat (1%) milk; more if necessary to get the blender moving.
Blend all in a blender, pour into a glass, enjoy!
Comments:  Ohmygoodness, I ate the entire thing myself. Must work on portioning this a bit better.  Delicious!  Felt as though I was having a milkshake for breakfast.   Next time, I will leave out the yogurt.   It was very good with the yogurt but quite tangy.   I need to figure out the calorie count on this version.  Probably better to make this two servings instead one.
I am getting a bit behind on my blogging. I have lots of recipes in my queue to share with you.   Up next…  a new, yummy slow-cooker recipe idea using lots of great spices from my spice cabinet!  My husband tasted what I made and he said a few times…. “this is really good!”  which was followed by, “this is like something from a restaurant!”  I was happy with that…

No comments: