Saturday, June 4, 2011

One of THOSE weeks!

Do you ever have one of those days where everything you attempt to cook or bake in your kitchen is a total flop?  I had one of those days weeks last week.

I tried to make some homemade cream of tomato soup from a recipe I found. Way too much effort and I just kept adding salt and sugar to make it taste MORE like the stuff in the can... what's the point!?

I tried to make homemade coleslaw and I did not have some of the ingredients on hand so I "winged it" and substituted some ingredients I had in my cupboard. Bad idea... bad, bad, BAD idea.

I tried a new recipe... supposed to be Sloppy Joe's which tasted like Buffalo Chicken Wings.  I used ground turkey, Frank's Buffalo wing sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, as well as lots of diced onion, carrots, and celery. I tried to be sneaky and puree the sauteed veggies so my family would not notice the healthy stuff in the mix.  Mistake... BIG mistake.  The texture was totally terrible.

I made burgers on my George Foreman Grill.  The burgers are a snap to make.  Two pounds of fatty hamburger, one egg, and six tablespoons of dry Ranch salad dressing mix.  Mix together and shape into  eight burger patties.  Cook on George Foreman Grill for about 10 minutes.  One patty stuck to the lid of the grill and, as I opened up the grill, the patty released from the lid and rolled DIRECTLY into a dirty bowl full of dirty water in the sink.  Yep, it was THAT kind of week in my kitchen. 

I retreated to my knitting. I've been making Christmas stockings this week.  They are turning out "just right".  I'll be back to cooking and baking soon enough, but I just had to tell you about my week.  Sorry, no new recipes this week.  If you'd like to check out my knitting, click HERE or check out the photo below.  Some weeks are just like that...

Christmas stockings for "Operation Holiday Stockings" (U.S. Soldiers serving overseas).

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Oh no! Hopefully you get "reset" this weekend, and next week ends up to be a better week :)