Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sandwich Thins Breakfast Ideas


 Canadian Bacon, Egg and Swiss Breakfast Thin
(1 cooked scrambled egg, 3 slices Canadian Bacon, 1 slice 2% milk fat Swiss cheese,
on toasted multi-grain sandwich thin)
Turkey Sausage, Egg, and Swiss Breakfast Thin
(1 cooked scrambled egg, 2 pre-cooked turkey breakfast sausages [cut in half lengthwise and browned], 1 slice 2 % milk fat Swiss cheese,
on a toasted multi-grain sandwich thin)


Peanut Butter and Banana Breakfast Thin

(a little peanut butter or almond butter, sliced banana,
on a toasted multi-grain sandwich thin)


Peanut Butter and Jam Breakfast Thin
(You can't go wrong with a little peanut butter and jam... a good use for the strawberry freezer jam I made a week ago).


 
A number of bread companies have a version of "sandwich thins"; I've been having fun being creative with Oroweat Brand Multi-grain Sandwich Thins.  They are 100 calories which is pretty terriffic compared to most buns, sliced breads, or bagels.  They are good for sweet and savory toppings.  I thought I'd show you some of my ideas.  I have been doing pretty well with my new and improved healthy eating plan and am enjoying that I have more and more clothes in my closet which fit.  I was getting dangerously close to 160 pounds in June but now, about 2 months later, I am getting fabulously close to 145 pounds.  Having tasty meals and a lot of variety in what I eat is helping me stay on track.
Another bonus of the sandwhich thins is that the bread is so minimal that you REALLY taste the ingredients or toppings you add to the bread.  My husband even enjoyed the Turkey Sausage, Egg, and Swiss Cheese combination for breakfast the other day.  Who needs McDonalds!?  We don't!


No comments: