Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mint Oreo Ice Cream

For Christmas, I was gifted a nice gift certificate for Williams-Sonoma.  When I got to the store the day after Christmas, I found this little gem...
 
 
... in the window.  It called to me.  I had no intention of getting this but I am glad I did. It's a fun little splurge.

The first recipe we tried...
 
Mint Oreo... you can't go wrong with that.
 
It was GOOD!
 
 
Here is the recipe:  Mint Ice Cream -  Recipe link is HERE on one of my favorite blogs called Cookie Madness.  This recipe is very good; it is also very rich.
 
I have made this recipe two times now.  In both instances, I added a small tub of Mini-Oreo cookies instead of chocolate chunks or chips (I can't be trusted with big packages of Oreos).  I find these little tubs of Oreos for $1.00 at the grocery store.  I also added a few drops of green food coloring at my son's request.  My second attempt at ice cream in my machine was even better than the first since I am adjusting to using the machine.  The ice cream maker came with two water filled bowls that must be frozen in the freezer for about 16 hours before making ice cream. 
 


No comments: