I couldn't make treats and call them "Sandy Snacks" without making up something special for Brutus, too!
Today I tried another recipe and I am calling these "Brutus Bites". Both doggies love these. I found the recipe HERE. They are "Healthy Pumpkin Balls".
Healthy Pumpkin Balls
This snack is not only delicious but is also filled with fiber, vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, and iron.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tbsp molasses
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil, and water together in a bowl
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the mixture and stir until dough softens
- Scoop out small spoonfuls of dough and roll into balls on your hands (wet hands work best)
- Set the balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork
- Bake approximately 25 minutes until dough is hardened
The dogs went nuts for these treats!
Above: "Did you say these are called 'Brutus Bites?"
Above: Nice cake-y texture. Mmmmm!
I love how Sandy's eyes are shut in this picture. "Mmmmmmm, I can smell the molasses, pumpkin, and cinnamon, Mom!"