Sunday, March 29, 2015

Leftover Grilled Chicken Tacos

 
Grilled Chicken Tacos
 
 
This officially my new FAVORITE thing to eat!
 
 
This past week, my husband had a grilling session.  He lit up the Weber Charcoal Grill and grilled chicken breasts (*), brats, and hamburger patties. It was Spring Break and my husband decided it was a good idea to grill once and just reheat leftovers.  Grilling with charcoal tastes great, but let's face it; it's lot of work, it's a bit messy, and we like to use up all the cooking time we can squeeze out of that charcoal to get our money's worth.  Just a few days after all of that grilling, on the spur of the moment, my husband and son decided to take off to Des Moines, Iowa, to go see Grandma.  This left me with grilled chicken breasts. What's girl to do!?
 
I looked in the fridge and found white corn tortillas, plain Greek yogurt, pickled jalapeno slices, and grated extra sharp cheddar cheese.  I just put a small amount (maybe 1/2 teaspoon) of margarine in a large non-stick skillet and heated it over medium heat.  Once melted, I added the corn tortillas to the skillet to coat them with the melted margarine on just once side. Then I sprinkled in the chopped grilled chicken, some grated cheese, and as many jalapeno slices as would fit (these are "tame" jalapeno slices... flavorful, slightly crunchy, but not too hot).  I kept the heat under the skillet rather low so the cheese would melt and the chicken would warm up a bit.  I just kept an eye on the bottom of the tortillas and, when they had nicely browned toasted patches, it was time to plate up.  I added a few tiny dollops of plain Greek yogurt.
 
Delish!
 
(*) We always grill using McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning. This stuff is great!  I put it on chicken breasts, hamburger patties, and roasted potatoes.
 
 
 
 


No comments: