Sunday, July 17, 2016

Berry Almond Flax Smoothie



Berry Almond Flax Smoothie

I love the photo above.  I saw Brutus in the background so I called out his name to get him to perk up and look at me so that he'd be in the photo.  Next thing I knew, Sandy popped her head over the back of the couch; you can just see her head in the distance.  Yep, photo bombed by two labradoodles.  They are just too cute!

Yesterday I posted a recipe called Chia Seed Banana Split Smoothie.  I am trying to do a better job of hydrating myself and I am enjoying unsweetened almond milk in smoothies.  I am going to try to come up with some yummy almond milk smoothies.  Now that I have a new Ninja blender, I am enjoying whipping up smoothies with lots of ice added in.  I bought a Kitchenaid brand blender a few years ago and I noticed that, when I tried to crush ice in the blender, the blender leaked out of the bottom. I read on line that other folks experienced a similar problem with that model/brand of blenders. 


Berry Almond Flax Smoothie

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 to 6 ice cubes
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Place all ingredients in a blender; blend away.
Pour all in a glass and sip away!






No comments: