Saturday, July 16, 2016

Chia Seed Banana Split Smoothie


On Facebook, I found a collection of recipes (from www.nataliejillfitness.com) which called for chia seeds.  I decided to try the recipe called "Chia Seed Banana Split" and gave it a whirl in my new Ninja blender. I don't think I was supposed to blend this; I think the recipe is intended to be a stirred pudding. But I had a new toy and wanted to use it. I used a frozen banana and some more of my excellent vanilla. 


The smoothie was only slightly sweet. A little honey would make it a bit sweeter.  Next time I'll add a little ice to make it more like a milkshake.  Unsweetened almond milk is a new staple in my refrigerator. It's on 30 calories for per cup (8 ounces) and I like adding it to smoothies.  I'd like to find more smoothies that call for almond milk.  I struggle to drink enough water, so I am going for hydration in any form I can find it. 

Chia Seed Banana Split 
Recipe Source:  www.nataliejillfitness.com

Ingredients:
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened 
1/2 banana, frozen
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 strawberry
Directions:
Blend almond milk, banana and vanilla extract. Stir in chia seeds and garnish with strawberry.

No comments: