Monday, July 18, 2016

Sweet Potato Hash with Smoked Paprika

Sweet Potato Hash with Smoked Paprika

The inspiration for this recipe comes from www.beachbody.com. I made up this colorful and healthy hash during my Sunday afternoon cooking frenzy in order to make healthy meal preparation easier through out the week.  I intended to have this hash for breakfast; I planned to top it with a poached egg or two. I did try it that way but now I think this hash is probably a better side dish. I think it would be great with grilled chicken or salmon.  The hash is quite sweet and I don't think it went well with eggs after all. 




Sweet Potato Hash with Smoked Paprika

Inspired by a recipe on www.beachbody.com
Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 small sweet potato, small dice (about 1 cup)
1/2 of a large red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
3/4 of a medium sized yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
a pinch of smoked paprika

Directions:

Peel and dice the sweet potato.  Place the sweet potato and about 1 teaspoon water in a microwave safe container; cover loosely with a wet paper towel, and cook on high power in the microwave for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender. 

In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.  Add the steamed sweet potato, bell peppers, and onions.  Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions and peppers are slightly tender, but not mushy. Season with a little salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.






No comments: