Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cranberry-Orange Walnut Overnight Oats


Cranberry Orange Walnut Refrigerator Oats


The other day I made up two kinds of overnight or refrigerator oats. I was totally bummed that I threw out the pumpkin pie version; the taste and texture were just all wrong. 

Today I tried the Cranberry Orange Walnut version I came up with and it is GREAT. 

I portioned out the various ingredients using my 21 Day Fix containers. I have been following the 21 Day Fix eating plan since June 6, 2016. It's definitely got me to focus on eating more fruits, veggies, and lean protein, and fewer carbs.  I've lost a little over 20 pounds and I am at the point now where I am trying to figure out how to just maintain the weight loss.  I'll get it figured out.

Cranberry Orange Walnut Overnight Oats

1/2 cup oats (yellow container)
3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt (red container)
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries "Craisins" (1 ounce box)
2 tablespoons chia seeds (orange container)
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (blue container)
finely grated zest of one naval orange, about 1 teaspoon (I use a Microplane grater)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir well until all ingredients are distributed.  Divide into two glasses for serving. Cover with plastic wrap and store on the refrigerator. Eat cold. Keeps well in the refrigerator for 4 - 5 days.

No comments: