Thursday, September 8, 2016

Honey, Honey Salad


Honey, Honey Salad 

I just came up with the MOST delicious salad combination and am excited to tell you all about it. 

First let me tell you how excited that APPLE season is upon us. That means HONEY CRISP APPLES!  Sadly this variety of apple is a little on the expensive side, but I just don't care. They are my absolute favorite. 

So let me get back to that salad. I bought a pre-packaged "Taylor Farms" brand salad called "Apples & Greens" the other day.  It was marked down to $1.48 for three servings. Score!  It's a salad of mixed spring greens, sliced sweet and tart apples, and sliced carrots. I figured it needed to be eaten quickly so I had part of it for dinner last night; I added chopped hard boiled eggs and honey mustard salad dressing. It was so delicious last night that I decided to have the very same salad for breakfast this morning!  I know!!! Salad for breakfast?!?  Yes, you can do that. It was a first for me. 

I ate all of the apple slices from the salad container with my first serving of this salad last night so I chopped up a honey crisp apple for salad #2 this morning.  It was even more delicious!  I tell you... honey crisp apples are the BEST. 


Of course, one can easily duplicate this salad whether or not your market carries this particular salad product or brand. Plus those pre-packaged salads are expensive unless you find a bargain like I did. Also, the pre-packaged salad did NOT have honey crisp apples in it... 
Just use your favorite mix of salad or spring greens. I think baby spinach would be great, too. 

Add in some chopped honey crisp apple (about 1/2 of one small apple). 


Then chop up a hard boiled egg or two. 


Then drizzle on a little Honey Mustard salad dressing.  Right now I have Ken's Steakhouse brand "Light Options Honey Dijon" dressing on hand. I am a huge fan of the Ken's Steakhouse brand and I love this dressing. 
So there you have it. A little recipe inspiration from a marked down item at the market. 

Mixed salad greens, HONEY crisp apple slices, sliced carrot, chopped hard boiled eggs, and HONEY mustard dressing. 

HONEY, HONEY SALAD!

Silly name? I am punchy. Maybe I need a nap. 


It was SO, SO good.

No comments: