Monday, October 10, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

My last post was also about pumpkin recipes.  I found a GREAT use for leftover pumpkin puree.  It's a shame to let ingredients go to waste.  After my hike yesterday morning, I whipped up this recipe in my Ninja Blender and it was a delicious treat.  My glass was a bit too big for my smoothie so my photo is not fantastic, but the recipe is fantastic!  I have just a little more pumpkin puree left over so I can make this recipe one more time in the next few days and then I will have successfully polished off the last of my big can of pumpkin puree. 


Here's what did:

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1 small frozen banana
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
small squirt of honey
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk

Blend until smooth; enjoy!

Here are some photos from my chilly, breezy hike on Sunday morning.  The photos are shown in the order in which they were taken.








No comments: