Thursday, December 8, 2016

Broccoli For Breakfast


Broccoli for Breakfast

I would have never thought to have broccoli for breakfast until I saw the idea on Facebook.  I am part of a super huge Facebook group right now; all participants (over 29,000 people!) have committed to a 3 1/2 month fitness program with Autumn Calabrese.  Autumn is the creator of the Beachbody program called "21 Day Fix" and other workout programs.  The challenge started December 5th, and the participants will first do the "21 Day Fix" workouts for 21 days, followed by the program called "The Chisel".  After that, we will complete "21 Day Fix Extreme" and we will wrap it all up with Autumn's new dance exercise program called "Country Heat".  Anyway, one lady in the group posted a photo of her breakfast... scrambled eggs with broccoli, ham, and cheese.  I gave it a try and I loved it.  I used precooked turkey sausage instead of ham.  I use about 1 cup of steamed broccoli; I put about 1/2 cup in the eggs and have the remaining 1/2 cup on the side.

I really recommend you try this... sausage and eggs... good.  Broccoli and cheese... good. Put them all together... GREAT!  This is not much of a recipe but here you go...


Broccoli for Breakfast

1/2 to 1 tsp. coconut oil or olive oil
1/2 cup steamed broccoli, break florets in to small bits
2 eggs, scrambled
1 link precooked turkey breakfast sausage (I use Johnsonville brand), diced
1 slice (Sargento brand) Ultra Thin cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Warm oil in a medium sized skillet over medium to medium high heat.  Add the broccoli and precooked sausage; saute for 2 or 3 minutes to warm through, stirring occasionally.  Add in eggs and cook to desired doneness.  Season with salt and pepper and top with cheese slice.

Enjoy!


No comments: