Saturday, December 31, 2016

Famous Dave's Devil's Spit Pickle Chicken


My family is a fan of these SUPER SPICY pickles. They are called "Devil's Spit" and they are Famous Dave's brand.  Famous Dave's is a BBQ chain restaurant, but I find their pickles and BBQ sauces on the shelves at my local Kroger grocery store.

A few months back, I tried out a recipe called "Dill Pickle Chicken" from one of my favorite blogs called "Skinnytaste".  I decided to try out the Dill Pickle Chicken recipe with the SPICY pickles.  The Devil's Spit pickles taste like sweet bread and butter pickles but they have a very spicy kick at the end.  I learned the hard way to not eat these pickles on an empty stomach.  Yowza!


Devil's Spit Chicken


  • 12 (1 1/4 lbs) chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
  • 1- 1/4 cup pickle juice (enough to cover the chicken)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup seasoned panko
  • cooking spray

  • Place chicken in a shallow bowl and cover with pickle juice (enough to cover completely). Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours. After 8 hours, drain and dry the chicken completely on paper towels.
  • Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with generously with oil.
  • Combine egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
  • Dip chicken in the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess.
  • Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top generously. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the bottom is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and bake 6 minutes, until golden.
  • NOTE (Whoops!):  I forgot to add any salt/pepper to the eggs, so I sprinkled a little kosher salt on top of the chicken when it was done baking. I love the sweet/salty/spicy combination in this recipe.



    Zach and I are both enjoying this chicken.  He likes this version even better than the original Dill Pickle Chicken recipe.  This chicken is also great cold.

    No comments: