Thursday, January 5, 2017

Avocado Toast with Basil Pesto


Avocado Toast with Basil Pesto

I am having fun planning my breakfast each morning. This week, I am having avocado toast four times; each day I am having one slice of toast (Dave's Killer Bread Thin Sliced) with 1/4 of an avocado (sliced or mashed up) and then switching up the toppings.  Today: Basil Pesto!

There is so much inspiration on the internet for various toppings.  I was really wanting to have turkey bacon and tomatoes today on my avocado toast, BUT we are having a BIG SNOW STORM in Colorado today and the grocery stores are RIDICULOUSLY crowded when we are expecting snow. So I had to come up with alternative toppings today since I did NOT want to go to the grocery store yesterday.  Yes, it's that bad!

This couldn't be easier.

1 slice of toast
1/4 avocado, mashed with a fork and seasoned with a bit of salt and black pepper
topped with hard boiled egg slices
finished off with a little drizzle of prepared Basil Pesto (I used Kroger "Private Select" brand)

I am not sure what toppings I'll have tomorrow.  I don't think I'll be going to store so I may have to get creative, but I love that!


No comments: