Monday, January 23, 2017

Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts


Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts

I made this recipe a number of weeks ago and it was delicious.  I thought the cooking process could be simplified a bit so I tried to rework things a tad.  I've decided this recipe did not need any tweaking. It's perfect the way it is. 

This recipe calls for reducing a cup of balsamic vinegar; this is a smelly process.  But it's well worth the effort. You are left with a thick and syrupy balsamic glaze which is both sweet and tangy and you drizzle the glaze over the roasted potatoes and sprouts.  The recipe calls for 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and it's gets reduced down to about 1/2 cup of balsamic glaze.  You really don't need much balsamic glaze!  I drizzled just a tiny amount over my dish.  Feel free to maybe just reduce about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to about 1/8 cup balsamic glaze, unless of course you would like to have a lot of left over balsamic glaze for other dishes.


Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
(From "The Whole30 Cookbook")






No comments: