Sunday, June 11, 2017

Maple Dijon Vinaigrette


Maple Dijon Salad Dressing


I tried a new salad dressing this week during my Saturday meal prep session. It was so easy and I like the taste very much.  You could make this dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid (ie. a Mason jar) or in a bowl with a whisk, but I used a container I had on hand for making Good Seasonings Italian Dressing. I just shook the ingredients together in the jar.  This recipe comes from a website called My Kitchen Addiction (www.mykitchenaddiction.com).  I just made 1/2 a recipe to make sure I like the dressing and it was just the right amount for four salads (about 8 tablespoons total).  In my salad, I have kale, carrot, celery, a hard boiled egg, and... as you can see... a gob of grape tomatoes. I bought a big tub of grape tomatoes at Sam's Club.  As a result, I will be having gobs of grape tomatoes on EVERYTHING for the next few days!

In the photo above, you can see three little shot glasses containing the vinaigrette all lined up.  I found these little plastic shot glasses at my local liquor shop.  They are perfect for portioning out my salad dressing when I make up a few salads at a time.  And, as you can see in the photos above, the shot glasses fit perfectly in my plastic storage tubs I use for keeping my salads fresh.

MAPLE DIJON VINAIGRETTE
From www.mykitchenaddiction.com

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper

Place all ingredients in a jar or container with a tight fitting lid and shake well until all ingredients are well combined.



My Saturday meal prep (photo above) entailed no cooking whatsoever except for boiling a few hard boiled eggs. We are in a heat wave in Southern Colorado and using the oven just seems like a bad idea. 



No comments: