Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies (Vegan and Gluten Free)





Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies



I've been eyeing this recipe for quite some time.  It's another great recipe from a blog called "Ambitious Kitchen".  I told myself that if there was a can of chickpeas in the cupboard, then I could make this recipe.  Otherwise, it was the Universe's way of telling me I did not need to bake ANYTHING!

As luck would have it, I had a can of chickpeas (a dented can marked down to $0.69, Organic Chickpeas from WalMart... Woo Hoo!).  I had the batter whipped up and the oven pre-heated in no time at all.  The house smelled HEAVENLY as these baked and cooled on the counter top.

When I make these again, I'll bake them a bit longer. The recipe calls for 20 to 25 minutes in the oven. I took mine out at about 22 minutes and, when I finally cut into them, they seemed a bit under done. The other change I would make is to reduce the salt a bit.  The recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used kosher salt) and they seem a bit salty to me.   As you can see, I used mini-chocolate chips in my blondies. I used only 1/4 cup and sprinkled a few more on top.  The recipe calls for more but I find that just a few mini-chocolate chips goes a long way.




Above:  out of the oven and looking delicious....



Before baking... the batter can be eaten raw since there are no eggs in the recipe.  The batter is also very tasty.  Of course I had to try it!

To see the recipe on the "Ambitious Kitchen" blog, click here.

No comments: