Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Creamy Tuna Salad with Curry Spice



Eating lunch in my craft room (above).

Creamy Tuna Salad with Curry Spice


I've been doing come experimenting.  The other day, we went for an afternoon walk (my husband and I) and we were discussing what to have for dinner. We both decided that canned tuna sounded good but he made his tuna his way and I made my tuna my way.  My husband's tuna is pretty straight forward: light mayonnaise, some spicy Guldens mustard, and he mixes it together with shredded lettuce and he eats it on toasted rye bread.

I went a totally different direction. Curry spice, yogurt, raisins, carrots, apple.  It was good but needed some tweaking.  I've had it a few more times, tweaking here and there, and I've settled on a combination I really like.




Creamy Tuna Salad with Curry Spice

1 can tuna (5 ounce size), drained (I used Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore)
1/2 honey crisp apple, diced
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (2 percent fat)
a squeeze of Dijon mustard (about 3/4 teaspoon)
a squeeze of honey (about 3/4 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon of curry spice (I used Penzey's "The Now Curry")
a few pinches of salt
a few grinds of black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons of raisins
a few tablespoons of celery, diced
a few tablespoons of onion, diced (sweet or red onion)… you can omit the onion if you prefer

Mix all ingredients well in a bowl. Dig in!
Or you could put in on bread or toast.
Now that romaine lettuce is "safe" again, you could eat this on lettuce leaves.
As for me, a spoon works just fine.




No comments: