Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Slow Cooker Curry with Chicken and Potatoes


Slow Cooker Curry with Chicken & Potatoes



I cannot believe how seriously easy this recipe was.  I found this recipe on a blog I used to follow years ago.  The blog name is www.365daysofcrockpot.com 

The recipe is called Slow Cooker Yellow Chicken Curry and I had it in my slow cooker (Crock Pot) in just minutes.  It's not the most attractive dish in my photos, but the flavors are great!  

Since I am currently on Week 3 of a Whole30 Challenge, I left out the brown sugar.  In my recipe, I used little fingerling potatoes, which worked out great.  I just cut the larger potatoes into a few pieces so that all potato bits were similar in size. I did not have any cilantro or lime juice so I left that out and it was still very flavorful.  I served my yellow chicken curry over steamed green beans which was a surprisingly good combination.  Here is the recipe from www.365daysofcrockpot.com


YELLOW CHICKEN CURRY


Scale

Ingredients

  • 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced or 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
  • 1 lb yellow potatoes (about 34 medium potatoes), cubed (I left the skins on)
  • 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
  • 1 tsp ground turmeric
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1 lime, juiced–optional
  • Cilantro, for garnish

Instructions

  1. In your 4-6 quart slow cooker place the onions, potatoes and chicken.
  2. In a bowl, stir together the coconut milk, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry powder, coriander seed, salt and red pepper. Whisk until combined. Pour the mixture over the contents of the slow cooker.
  3. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours (some slow cookers may take only 3 hours). Test potatoes for tenderness.
  4. Gently stir. Stir in the lime juice, if desired. Add in more turmeric and curry powder and salt to taste.
  5. Serve curry with cilantro over rice, if desired.

Notes

I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
Click here for the INSTANT POT version of this recipe.



An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

...that looks good...I may try it with soy curls...
~Have a lovely day!