Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Asian Salad

Asian Inspired Chopped Salad

Here's a new salad I am really loving.  Here is the recipe LINK.  The clever recipe has you make a sauce that serves as both a salad dressing and marinade.  You pour a little bit of the sauce on some chicken thighs before cooking.  I grilled my chicken thighs which makes them extra delicious!  The salad is a combination of crunchy veggies... red and green cabbage, carrot, green onion, cilantro.  You can top with salad with extra goodies such as sesame seeds (black or white or both), toasted almonds, and mandarin orange slices.  I am not a fan of canned oranges and I did not want to buy an entire bag of little oranges, so I used a naval orange on my salad.  The salad is really good even if you don't use all of the ingredients.  I made this salad the first time with no toasted sesame oil. The second time around I did use toasted sesame oil.  It's a really flexible and really delicious recipe.  I am sure I will make this again and again!  As you can see from the photos below, I kept the components of my salad separate. I knew it would take me a number of days to eat all of this and I did not want the veggies to get soggy sitting in dressing.  Enjoy!

Recipe source: Blog called "Whole Kitchen Sink"
https://www.wholekitchensink.com/sesame-chicken-chopped-salad/




No comments: