Monday, October 4, 2010

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter


I mentioned Peanut Butter & Co. brand peanut butter before... click HERE to see more.  I have been eyeing another jar on the grocery store shelf; I finally broke down and bought this jar awhile back.  So far, I've decided it's good on apple slices and on a banana... and on a spoon... hee, hee! 

Just like the Cinnamon & Raisin version I tried a few months back, this version is also gluten free and vegan.  You can really taste the cocoa in this spread. I kind of imagined this might taste like 50 percent peanut butter and 50 percent cocoa, but I was surprised to find the chocolate flavor is more prominent than the peanut flavor.  I am almost tempted to added some regular peanut butter to it.  The other day, when I snapped this photo, we had gone for two nice long walks during the day and I needed a snack to carry me through until dinner time (I had worked up quite an appetite apparently).  This snack did the trick.  We are having amazing fall weather in Southern Colorado and there are lots of nice walking trails along the Arkansas River which is not too far from our home. 

How are you enjoying the autumn weather in your neck of the woods?

No comments: