Sunday, February 19, 2012

More Lentil Soup (Slow Cooker Recipe)

Picture from Weight Watcher's Website

Where does the time go?  I am definitely cooking a lot these days but not finding enough time to post about it all. 

I am finding my slow cooker (Crock Pot) is my new kitchen helper.  This week, I tried a recipe for Lentil & Sausage Soup.  The recipe link is HERE.  It was a snap to throw together.  I assembled the soup between an early morning walk with my friend, Mrs. H, and a late morning walk with my husband.  I also threw some ingredients in the bread machine to make pizza dough for lunch when we returned from our walk. 

So I left the house...

the soup was simmering in the slow cooker...
the dough was kneading in the bread machine...
the dishes were rinsing in the dish washer...
the laundry was swishing in the washing machine...

It was a good day!

The Lentil and Sausage Soup is good!  I followed the directions pretty closely. I made 1/2 a recipe since I did not want that much soup.  Instead of five cups chicken broth, I used a 32 ounce carton on chicken stock plus 1 cup water.  I added a bit more salt and pepper and a pinch of granulated sugar at the very end.  I also browned the turkey sausage a bit before adding it to the pot.  Super simple and super good! 

I think I am getting the home made pizzas down to a science.  I have had a pizza stone for YEARS and was about to get rid of it, but decided to give it a try again. We've been enjoying great pizza at home with a nice crisp crust.  I'll post more about this another day.


02-25-2012:  Edited to add these comments:

This recipe is great. I froze some of this soup and it reheated it very well.  I find myself craving this soup... it's that good!  It's so good that I made another 1/2 recipe this weekend.  Make this soup! :)

No comments: