Saturday, June 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

You'll have to use your imagination for this entire recipe. Today I tried a new slow cooker recipe. It was about the easiest slow cooker recipe EVER.  Chicken breasts, chicken broth, onion, garlic cloves, and celery.  After three hours, reserve a bit of the cooking liquids, empty the pot, shred the chicken, return the reserved cooking liquid and chicken to the pot and add in some Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce.  We had the chicken on flour tortillas with gobs of romaine lettuce and a little blue cheese salad dressing and a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles.  Super good. The entire family loved this! 


The original recipe can be found on a blog I discovered this week called "Skinny Taste". 

The recipe link can be found here:  http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken-lettuce-wraps.html  The blog recommends serving this on romaine lettuce which would also be good.  I've been exercising like mad lately so I figured I could splurge on a flour tortilla today.

I look forward to trying out more of the recipes on the Skinny Taste blog. 

No comments: