Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

Blueberry Banana Smoothie

1 frozen banana, broken into a few chunks
1/3 to 1/2 cup plain, low fat yogurt
3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
1 to 2 teaspoons honey
ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend/puree until
smooth.  Insert straw. Slurp away... but not too fast...
BLUEBERRY BANANA BRAIN FREEZE.



My local grocery store had big containers of blueberries on special last week.  I want to say it was a 2 pound tub for $5.99.  They were from Brooks, Oregon, and they were delicious.  I ate them in my breakfast parfaits with Oikos Greek Vanilla Yogurt, strawberries, and quinoa.  The boys ate blueberries and strawberries with Cool Whip a few times.  The last blueberries made it into this delicious smoothie.  With the added ice, this smoothie was a lot like a ice cream treat.  I had it after a long on the riverwalk after dinner.  Yum!

No comments: