Sunday, April 21, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza

 
BUFFALO CHICKEN BLUE CHEESE PIZZA
 
Is it wrong that I am sort of drooling my mouth is watering as I am adding photos to this post? 
I keep making this pizza for my son. I want to make this for ME!
My husband likes this pizza too although I typically make a more traditional Italian Sausage and Cheese Pizza for me and my husband to share.
 
 
The ingredients are all assembled.  From left to right, in no particular order... black pepper, blue cheese crumbles, garlic powder, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, and cooked, diced chicken (the equivalent of one large boneless, skinless chicken breast).

I yammered on and on about making great homemade pizza at home in my last post; click HERE to see that post and my Bread Machine Pizza Dough recipe.

I will be more brief this time around.  I measure nothing when I throw this together. 
It's all about the ingredients, your preferences, and technique for using a pizza stone.
 
Ready to make this Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Pizza? Let's go!
  1. Move your oven rack to the highest position available.
  2. Place your pizza stone in the oven on the top rack.
  3. Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 485 degrees Fahrenheit.
  4. Assemble all of your ingredients and have them ready; you want to work rather quickly once the dough hits the hot, hot, hot pizza stone.
  5. Roll your crust out into a sort of round shape about the size of your pizza stone.  Use a little a little flour the sheet pan and rolling pin to keep it from sticking. You can also put a little cornmeal under the dough.
  6. Once your pizza stone and oven are preheated to 485 degrees, put your smokin' hot pizza stone on the counter top every hot pad you own to protect your counter top. Carefully put the dough on the pizza stone... shape the dough a little if you need to but it pretty much starts to cook the second you put the dough on the stone so you don't have a lot of time to mess with it. Top the dough with hot sauce, chicken, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese crumbles; sprinkle a little garlic powder and a little ground black pepper over the entire pizza.  Quickly and carefully get this pie in the oven.
  7. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how well done you like your pizza.  I like it crisp on the bottom and the cheese browned on the top. Start checking after 10 minutes.  Things can change quickly in 1 minute when the oven is this hot.  I usually turn the pizza 180 degrees since the back of my oven is hotter than the front of the oven.


 
Looking good and it's not even cooked yet!
 

When done, slide the pizza back on to a cutting board or sheet pan and slice.


Nom, Nom, NOM!  (eating noises)
 
 

 gosh... I am so hungry now!
 

No comments: