Thursday, May 16, 2013

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits


Look what I made today!  Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

I think pretty much everyone who goes to Red Lobster likes their biscuits.  I've only been to Red Lobster twice and the second time I went, I was definitely looking forward to these buttery, flaky gems.



Nope, they are not from scratch.  Look what we found at Sams Club today. I was really hungry when we went to Sams and they say you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you are hungry precisely because things like this end up in your cart.  So glad they did.  Yum!


Oh, you can see my Mother's Day Flowers from my son in the backgrond.


Pretty darn easy.  Just add water and a little grated sharp cheddar cheese to the dry biscuit mix.
While the biscuits bake, you melt some butter and add in the contents of the foil packet.  When the biscuits are done baking, you brush the butter over the hot biscuits.

 

We had breakfast for dinner.  Black Forrest ham (also from Sams Club, a cheesy biscuit, and an over easy egg).  Good stuff.

 
 

I was most curious about the contents of the seasoning packet (the "Garlic Herb Blend").  To me, it smelled like a chicken bouillon cube.  The photo above shows the contents in the seasoning packet.  I think it would be easy enough to make biscuits just like this using a biscuit mix (such as Bisquick) and add in some sharp cheddar cheese.  Then melt some butter and season it with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, sugar, dried parsley flakes... I might just try this... but I think I'll leave out the maltodextrin, malic acid, silicon dioxide, and some of that other stuff.   I will give this a try someday and let you know how it goes.  But for now, I have enough to whip up these biscuits two more times... because, as you know, boxes like this from Sams Club (or Costco) are BIG!

I really think the "Garlic Herb Blend" smelled a lot like chicken bouillon.

No comments: