Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Carnival Breeze... Visiting Turks & Caicos


Another post about our recent cruise.

First stop on our trip was the island of Grand Turk, which is part of Turks & Caicos.

This was a very small island.   I was amazed that the water was deep enough for the ship to be docked at this pier so close to the shore.  It almost seemed as if this area of the island was made just for tourists. The area seemed to be almost walled off from the other activity on the island.  There was a nice sandy beach and a really rocky beach.  There were also a number of shops for souvenir shopping and the biggest thing was a Jimmy Buffet "Margaritaville" Bar, restaurant, and pool.  It was a bit of a bar/party scene but I enjoyed hearing the music on the breeze when I was chilling on the beach. 

I always enjoy "people watching" on vacation.
 







They guys pausing to get some sand out of their shoes.  I can rarely get them to pose for photos so I just snap photos when they sit.  Half the time my husband has is tongue out. I ask him it it helps his concentration if he sticks his tongue out.  He says, "Yes! It does!"



No comments: