Saturday, April 16, 2016

My Big Fat Greek Chicken Salad



My Big Fat Greek Chicken Salad

My latest obsession. Yum!


This is not much if a recipe; it's more if an idea or a little inspiration. I got some Greek Seasoning from Pampered Chef as you can see above. I am sure there are lots of Greek seasoning blends available at the market. 


I sprinkle both sides of some chicken tenders generously with the Greek seasoning and some kosher salt. I have this great All Clad Stove Top Panini Press Pan. I cover the super heavy cast iron press with some foil (easy clean up!) and press the chicken as it cooks. Of course I could just cook the chicken in a skillet or on the grill until cooked through. 


I love this chicken over a bed of romaine lettuce, diced English cucumbers, diced Roma tomatoes, and feta cheese. If you can find Ken's Steakhouse Greek Dressing, get it. We love it. And if you like olives, add them to this salad too. It's great to have these ingredients in the refrigerator to throw together a quick, flavorful, and rather healthy meal!




The day I cooked up this chicken, I completed a number of other food prep tasks to make meal prep easier for a few days. It's amazing what you can get done in the span of an hour or so. I really like doing this when I bring groceries home. Above we've got pizza crust, cooked Greek chicken, celery sticks, carrots, grated cheese for pizza, and cooked/crumbled seasoned ground turkey for pizza.  If making a meal is a little easier, I am less tempted to go out to eat. 

No comments: