Sunday, June 5, 2016

Grilled Salmon Kabobs



Grilled Salmon Kabobs


I am trying to get back on track with healthier eating. Despite exercising more since I've been retired, I've put on a few pounds.  My husband was heading to the grocery store today and I told him I felt I had nothing much to eat aside from salads with grilled chicken.  Boring!  I had a few things in mind that I might like to cook and he suggested salmon and I said, "Sure!" 

He came home with salmon, asparagus, blueberries, apples, and nectarines.  An entire rainbow of food.  That was very thoughtful of him.  I got to cooking right away.  I made up some quinoa, I put the asparagus in the oven to roast with a scant amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and I made up salmon kabobs like I'd seen on the internet.  I just thinly sliced a lemon, folded the lemon slices in half, and then slide them onto the skewers between the cubes of salmon. 


I grilled the salmon on my small grill pan (which is actually a panini pan).  I like my salmon rather well done so I just kept cooking it until it was really flakey and kind of dry.  It made a delicious meal with quinoa and roasted asparagus.  The only seasoning I used was kosher salt and pepper. When I looked up the original recipe source, a blog called Skinnytaste, I saw Gina recommended some additional spices.   Next time, I'll try that for sure.  To see the Skinnytaste recipe for Grilled Salmon Kabobs, you can find it HERE.   I will get four meals out of the cooking I did today (I used two salmon filets and they weighed less than 1 pound total I think).  It will be a nice to have this meal, and NOT just salads with grilled chicken. 






No comments: