Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Turkey Taco Burgers


Turkey Taco Burgers


A few weeks back, Jennie-O brand ground turkey was on sale for $2.99 per pound. I stocked up and put it in the freezer.  I bought some unseasoned lean turkey of course but also bought the Italian Seasoned and Taco Seasoned varieties. I've cooked and crumbled the Taco Seasoned turkey before and made tacos. Delicious, easy, and a nice change from beef tacos. 

Today I made some taco burgers. I opted to add in some finely diced bell peppers and onions. These burgers are highly seasoned without adding anything else.  They are so flavorful in fact that I think one could add in more unseasoned ground turkey to stretch the seasoned turkey even further.  Whatever the case may be, I enjoyed my turkey burger lunch today. I topped my burger with a dollop of plain low fat yogurt in place of sour cream and some sliced pickled jalapeƱos. Next time I'll add even more of those hot peppers!  These burgers would be great on a bun or topped with avocado slices or guacamole. Pepper jack cheese would be a great addition as well. 


Oh! (Above) Check out my new All Clad brand stove top grill pan from Williams-Sonoma. I love it!


I used the cute little peppers. I got a nice bag of these at Sam's Club. 


Turkey Taco Burgers

1 pound Jennie-O brand Taco Seasoned ground turkey 
3 tablespoons finely diced sweet bell peppers
3 tablespoons finely diced onions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. 

Crumble turkey with fingertips and gently work in the diced vegetables. Shape mixture into four large, flat equal sized patties with even thickness. 

Preheat skillet or stove top grill pan over medium heat. Spray skillet or grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. 

Cook burgers in preheated pan for 8 - 10 minutes, turning once, or until internal temperature if 165 degrees Fahrenheit is reached. 





No comments: