Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Dijon Tuna Salad with Cottage Cheese


Dijon Tuna Salad with Cottage Cheese


Tuna + Cottage Cheese = Good Eats!

I tried to eat tuna without adding anything to it a few weeks back and I nearly choked since the tuna was so incredibly dry. It was actually scary. Thankfully I had some water to drink nearby.

I have had a recent love affair with cottage cheese, as it's a great source of lean protein. I got to looking on the Internet in search of various recipes with cottage cheese. When I saw it, the idea of combining cottage cheese and tuna sounded great. Replace the typical mayonnaise in tuna salad with cottage cheese!  Smart indeed. 

I just whipped this up as a late night snack last night.  I would have added celery if I had it. And I was too lazy to chop up some red bell pepper. I considered adding some fresh parsley, but I just wanted my snack. This was a tasty, light treat and especially great on crunchy, salty Triscuit crackers. 

Dijon Tuna Salad with Cottage Cheese

1 small can solid white tuna, drained (solid white albacore in water, 5 ounces)
3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 - 3 tablespoons finely minced onion
Optional: add in 2 - 3 tablespoons finely diced celery & 2 - 3 tablespoon red bell pepper if desired
Salt and black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir well to combine. Enjoy!  Great on Triscuit crackers. 

No comments: