Friday, September 30, 2016

Zoodle Update


Zoodle Update:  I posted about zucchini noodles (Zoodles!) several weeks ago (see HERE).  Serious as a heart attack!  If you have not tried Zoodles, you have got to try them. The first time I made Zoodles, I did undercook them (but I still liked them).  I've made them a few more times, and I absolutely love them.  Believe it or not, I think I actually like them better than pasta.  As you can see from the photos, I've been adding in sautéed mushrooms, too.  It does take a little longer to saute the mushrooms, so I saute the mushrooms and zucchini noodles separately.

You can buy a lot of spiralizer gadgets to make curly or spiral shaped vegetable noodles, but I am using my mandolin slicer to make matchstick shaped Zoodles.  While my pasta sauce simmers, I simply spray my non-stick skillet with a little non-stick cooking spray over medium to medium-high heat, and then I saute the Zoodles for about 5 or 6 minutes.  It works out perfectly because I still make traditional pasta for my husband and the pasta needs to boil for just under 10 minutes, so it's a snap to make up the pasta, Zoodles, and sauce, all at one time.

Eating lunch out on the back patio. 

I found this funny image on the Internet the other day and thought it seemed fitting:

Vegetarian Hunter finishes a successful day in the field.


I worked up a big appetite for Zoodles when we hiked the Newlin Creek trail last Friday. Here are stats from my phone. 

Over 15,000 steps
6.8 miles
65 floors
Yes, it's a steep trail!


No comments: