Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pesto Zoodles


Pesto Zoodles

I am watching/listening to the Presidential Debate. I decided I needed some wine and a snack.  I already had some "zoodles" (zucchini noodles) in my refrigerator since I had shredded up three zucchinis with my mandolin yesterday. This super tasty snack came together really quickly and easily.  I would love to have this dish with some protein, such as grilled chicken or shrimp, but tonight... it was all about having some veggies. 

Pesto Zoodles
1 small zucchini cut into matchsticks with a mandolin or spiralized with a spiralizer
1 teaspoon (or less) of coconut oil (or any other neutral flavored oil)
approximately 1 teaspoon prepared pesto (I used Kroger brand "Private Select" Basil Pesto)
garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired

Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized skillet over medium to medium high heat.  Add the zucchini noodles (zoodles) to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes until the zoodles are tender/soft.  Add in approximately 1 teaspoon prepared pesto (more if desired); stir and cook an additional minute. 

Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!

***

The weather is cooling off quickly. This past weekend, I went for a sunrise walk and it was 72 degrees F at 6:15 a.m.  Today, I went for a walk a bit later in the morning, and it was 37 degrees F.  It was cold, but beautiful!  Here are some pretty photos that I'd like to share...







It was also a good day for some knitting...









No comments: