Zach is home from college and I saw this recipe on line. I read the ingredients to him and he thought it sounded great so I made it yesterday for him. He loves it and I love making up a big of pot of anything so he can reheat some leftovers for himself here and there when he's hungry.
I followed the recipe as directed with just a few exceptions. I used turkey bacon instead of pork bacon and, since the turkey bacon did not render out any fat, I used two tablespoons of butter instead of just one. Also, I used salted butter instead of unsalted because it was what I had on hand. With all the salt in the butter, cheese, and Ranch seasoning packet, I did not add any additional salt to this dish (although I did add salt to the pasta water when I cooked the pasta). Also, just now I looked at the recipe and I realize I accidentally doubled the amount of cheddar cheese called for! No wonder this is so good.
Here is the recipe.
CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
- 1 pound of pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 6 strips of bacon, diced (I used turkey bacon)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups milk (I used 2 percent milk)
- 1 tbsp butter (I increased to 2 tablespoons of butter since I used turkey bacon)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I accidentally use 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese)
- Start by cooking your pasta, draining it, and setting it aside.
- While you are making your noodles; cook your bacon in a skillet, drain the grease but keep 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add butter to the bacon drippings and toss in your chicken breast pieces (cook until no longer pink/browned).
- Pour the ranch dressing mix and flour over the chicken then add the 2 cups of milk. Stir until it is bubbly and thick.
- Add the cheese and half of your diced bacon pieces to the pan; stir until melted.
- Combine the sauce and pasta noodles together – add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top off the dish with the extra bacon pieces and ENJOY!
HERE IS THE RECIPE SOURCE:http://www.craftymorning.com/chicken-bacon-ranch-pasta-recipe/