Sunday, December 18, 2016

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta


Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Zach is home from college and I saw this recipe on line.  I read the ingredients to him and he thought it sounded great so I made it yesterday for him.  He loves it and I love making up a big of pot of anything so he can reheat some leftovers for himself here and there when he's hungry. 

I followed the recipe as directed with just a few exceptions.  I used turkey bacon instead of pork bacon and, since the turkey bacon did not render out any fat, I used two tablespoons of butter instead of just one.  Also, I used salted butter instead of unsalted because it was what I had on hand.  With all the salt in the butter, cheese, and Ranch seasoning packet, I did not add any additional salt to this dish (although I did add salt to the pasta water when I cooked the pasta).  Also, just now I looked at the recipe and I realize I accidentally doubled the amount of cheddar cheese called for! No wonder this is so good.

Here is the recipe.

CHICKEN BACON RANCH PASTA
  • 1 pound of pasta (I used spaghetti)
  • 6 strips of bacon, diced (I used turkey bacon)
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
  • 2 cups milk (I used 2 percent milk)
  • 1 tbsp butter (I increased to 2 tablespoons of butter since I used turkey bacon)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I accidentally use 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese)
  1. Start by cooking your pasta, draining it, and setting it aside.
  2. While you are making your noodles; cook your bacon in a skillet, drain the grease but keep 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the pan.
  3. Add butter to the bacon drippings and toss in your chicken breast pieces (cook until no longer pink/browned).
  4. Pour the ranch dressing mix and flour over the chicken then add the 2 cups of milk. Stir until it is bubbly and thick.
  5. Add the cheese and half of your diced bacon pieces to the pan; stir until melted.
  6. Combine the sauce and pasta noodles together – add salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Top off the dish with the extra bacon pieces and ENJOY!

HERE IS THE RECIPE SOURCE:
http://www.craftymorning.com/chicken-bacon-ranch-pasta-recipe/


Zach... going back in for seconds!


Delicious comfort food on a super cold day!


No comments: