Sunday, January 8, 2017

Avocado Toast Day 4: Bacon and Egg


Avocado Toast: Bacon and Egg


Having Avocado Toast four days in a row was a lot of fun: I enjoyed thinking about different ways to top it!  The reason I had this four days in a row is because I used just 1/4 of an avocado each day so it took me four days to eat my way through one avocado.  What a bargain considering the avocado was on sale for $0.88.


On Day 4, I mashed up my avocado with a little salt and black pepper and spread it on some toast.  I topped that with some torn up cooked turkey bacon and then topped all that with hard boiled egg slices.  This came together quickly and easily since the cooked turkey bacon and hardboiled eggs were already made up and in the refrigerator.

I went shopping the other day and bought a very under-ripe avocado. It's sitting on my countertop getting nice and ripe so I'll be able to have avocado toast again soon.  If I come up with any more great toppings for avocado toast, I'll be sure to share.


No comments: