Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Avocado Toast: Have You Tried it Yet?


Avocado Toast: Have You Tried it Yet?

I've been seeing this easy meal idea all over the internet for a long time now but just tried it this morning for the first time.  It was tasty and satisfying.  I topped a slice of toast (Dave's Killer Bread Thin Sliced) with a quarter of an avocado, an over easy egg, some kosher salt, and some freshly ground black pepper (with a little turkey bacon on the side).  Some folks mash up their avocado before spreading it all over the toast, but I went for pretty slices. 

If you do a Google search for "avocado toast", you'll find a gazillion variations on this "recipe".  I will be having this for breakfast for the next three days to use up my avocado and I will try to make it a little differently each time based upon what I have on hand and also based upon some ideas I've seen on the internet. 

Here's one short article with some tasty options:



Yep, that's avocado underneath that egg!


No comments: