Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Avocado Toast... with Indian Spice


Avocado Toast with Indian Spice


I am only using 1/4 of an avocado on my avocado toast each morning so it's going to take me four days to eat one stinkin' avocado.  Today, my avocado toast was super easy to assemble.  I just mashed up 1/4 of my avocado and stirred in a pinch of kosher salt and some freshly ground black pepper.  I smeared that over a piece of toast (again, I am using Dave's Killer Bread Thin Slice).


I sliced up a hard boiled egg with my handy dandy egg slicer and made pretty rows over the avocado covered toast.


I finished it off with a sprinkle of Garam Masala.  This is a spice blend used in Indian cooking; I got a small sample of it to try out in recipes from one of my favorite spice shops.  I loved the taste and texture of this meal.  It was a lot like the texture of egg salad.  I might just have this again for breakfast tomorrow morning. I liked the hard boiled egg better than the over easy egg on top of the avocado toast, which is what I had yesterday.   

No comments: