Sunday, March 5, 2017

Bacon in the Oven


Cooking Bacon in the Oven


Why did I not try this sooner!?! Yes, you can cook bacon in the oven. I'd rather cook up a pound of bacon all at once and use it in meals all week long, as opposed to cooking a few strips of bacon here and there.

I finally tried cooking bacon in the oven and it worked like a charm. It is very simple to do and it did not make a mess in the oven.

Here's how I did it:

I lined two rimmed baking sheets with foil. I preheated the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  I lined up the strips of turkey bacon on the foil lined baking sheets, ensuring the bacon strips did not over lap.  Once the oven was preheated, I baked the bacon for 11 minutes.  That's it!  No turning/flipping was required. 

I like to cook up a bunch of things on my food prep day; this makes meal preparation easier all week long.  Today I cooked up a pound of turkey bacon (I use Oscar Mayer brand) as part of my food prep.  Here are some more photos from my food prep session today.


I got all of this before noon!  The chicken wings are for my husband.


Above... I made up four identical meals.  This is quinoa, sautéed red bell pepper and onion, oven roasted turmeric cauliflower, and sautéed shrimp (season with a spice blend called Za'atar).



Above... hard boiled eggs and bacon baked in the oven.


Baby carrots and celery sticks... always part of my weekly food prep.


Finally, I portioned out Greek yogurt and frozen berries for yogurt fruit parfaits (which I will have with granola). 

No comments: