Wednesday, March 22, 2017

WIAY (What I Ate Yesterday)


To be honest, this is not what I ate yesterday. This is what I ate yesterday... a little over a week ago.  I am finding I like to create my WIAY (What I Ate Yesterday) posts on Mondays.  I tend to indulge a bit on the weekends so it's good to get back on track with healthy eating on Monday.  Also, I find that I keep my eating in check a bit better on the days when I tell myself I have to take a photo of everything I eat.  Makes me think twice before grabbing a cookie or two.  That did not work very well on this particular day as you will see in a bit...

BREAKFAST (above): Avocado toast and hard boiled egg. That's Za'atar Spice Blend sprinkled on top.  This spice blend includes sumac, thyme, salt, sesame seeds, and other spices.  It's delicious!


SNACK: Cottage cheese, applesauce, cinnamon, and homemade granola.
Here is the granola recipe (for the link, click HERE).



LUNCH:  Oven Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower (recipe link HERE), sautéed bell pepper and onion, and sautéed shrimp (with a little Penzey's brand Turkish Seasoning on top)


SNACK: Veggies


ANOTHER SNACK: Banana.


DINNER:  Greek Turkey Meatballs and Tzatziki with fresh veggies (see recipes HERE).


THE DAY OF EATING HEALTHY WAS GOING ALONG PRETTY WELL.... until I discovered this great looking recipe for Mace Lemon Sugar Cookies... and I already had all of the ingredients on hand... and when you already have all the ingredients on hand... well, it's like the Universe is speaking to me and telling me, "Kim! You must make these cookies!"  So I made the cookies and they were amazingly delicious.  My husband and I polished them off in two days flat.  Not good, but I tell you... these cookies are GREAT!  Here is the recipe LINK.


NIGHT TIME SNACK: Despite having too many cookies after dinner, I still had almonds and wine before bed.


No comments: