Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Arugula Salad with Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Honey Turmeric Yogurt Dressing


Arugula Salad with Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Honey Turmeric Yogurt Dressing



Holy yum!  This salad is good.  Let me start by saying that this is the most unusual salad I've ever had and it is great. This recipe is from "Ambitious Kitchen" (www.ambitiouskitchen.com).  I find a lot of great recipes on this website. 

I did not really change anything in this recipe (imagine that!) except I used dried cranberries (low sugar Craisins) in place of dried cherries. I also portioned out my sweet potatoes a little differently since I follow a pretty low carb diet.  I got about 5 servings of sweet potatoes out of this recipe (I used 2 large sweet potatoes).  I doubled the dressing ingredients since I knew I was making 4 salads instead of 2 salads.  I love how easy this salad is.  I bought pre-washed baby arugula; I love starting with pre-washed greens!  NEXT TIME I make this salad, I will omit the garlic from the sweet potatoes.  I found the garlic aroma to be very strong while baking and also when eating the cold leftovers.  Next time, I think I just add a little salt, pepper, and paprika to the sweet potatoes before roasting them in the oven.


Arugula Salad with Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Honey Turmeric Yogurt Dressing
Recipe source:  www.ambitiouskitchen.com

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • For the dressing:
  • 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I used 2% greek yogurt)
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • For the topping:
  • 2-3 cups fresh arugula (I used a 5 ounce package of baby arugulas)
  • 1/4 cup dried cherries II used low sugar Craisins)
  • 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

  • Preheat 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add sweet potato wedges to the pan and drizzle with olive oil. Add minced garlic, salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Bake wedges for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender and golden.
  • While the potatoes are roasting, you can make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, dijon, honey and turmeric. Thin the dressing out with a few teaspoons of water so that you are able to drizzle it over the salad. Place in fridge until ready to use.
  • Once the sweet potato wedges are done baking, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add fresh arugula on top, along with cherries and almonds, then drizzle with dressing and serve immediately. Serves 2 (I made 4 servings) and makes a wonderful lunch or appetizer. Also great when served cold!
http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2017/05/roasted-sweet-potato-arugula-salad/

1 comment:

John Huron said...

Graateful for sharing this