Friday, June 2, 2017

Sweet Potatoes for Breakfast


SWEET POTATOES FOR BREAKFAST

This is an interesting idea. I tried it and I liked it. I was inspired to try sweet potatoes for breakfast after seeing this recipe for "Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes" posted on Facebook. (See link HERE).  I made my sweet potato in the microwave oven but I do prefer it baked in the oven.  I think in the microwave, sweet potatoes get kind of dried out.

I topped my sweet potato half with peanut butter (a little less than 1 tablespoon), sliced and diced banana (1/2 a banana), cinnamon, and a tiny drizzle of honey. It was good.  If you check out the original recipe link, you'll see the blogger also topped her sweet potato with fresh blueberries and granola.  I like that you can just see an idea someplace and then just take the idea and run with it.  Make it your own, top it how you like.  If you give this a try, I would love to know what you think of it or how you topped your sweet potato.





No comments: