Tuesday, June 13, 2017

W.I.A.Y. (What I Ate Yesterday)


I decided to make this past Sunday my W.I.A.Y. post day.  I indulged a bit too much over Friday and Saturday so I figured Sunday was a good day to get back on track.  Let's just say there was a little too much pizza and other restaurant meals going down for a few days before Sunday.  I did not plan for it, but it turns out Sunday was meat-free and gluten-free. I felt so much better after eating more carefully all day on Sunday.  I went for two walks, did a new workout, and drank lots of water.  It was a good day.

Breakfast (above)... Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats (the recipe can be found HERE).  This was good.  I used 1 tablespoon of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips in each serving. Next time I'll use a little less.  



Lunch:  Another KALE salad.  Kale, carrots, celery, grape tomatoes, and a NEW salad dressing. This is Maple Dijon Vinaigrette.  Super easy to shake together and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.  The Maple Dijon Vinaigrette recipe can be found HERE.


An apple for snack time.


In the evening, I was chopping up some fruit and vegetables and I noticed how colorful things were looking and I snapped this photo. They say it's good to "eat the rainbow".

For dinner, I had scrambled eggs with broccoli, grape tomatoes, and feta cheese with blueberries on the side.


Before bedtime... I had some roasted, salted almonds and a glass of wine.


No comments: