Monday, October 8, 2018

Healthy Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins



Healthy Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins



I get lots of emails from lots of cooking blogs to alert me about new recipes.  Today before we went for a hike with the dogs out in the cold and drizzly weather, I saw this recipe for Healthy Marbled Pumpkin Muffins featured on the "Ambitious Kitchen" blog.  I've been itchin' to do some bakin' so I made these muffins after our hike.  It was a good day to crank up the oven, warm up the kitchen, and fill the house with delicious smells... vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin, allspice, chocolate.... Mmmmmm.



Aren't these gorgeous looking muffins? They were super fun to make.  Now I want to make marbled EVERYTHING!




I did not make many changes to this recipe.  I used vegetable oil in place of the coconut oil and just added it in with the other wet ingredients.  I used mini chocolate chips in place of larger chips and used less than the recipe called for.  For the flour, I used 1/2 white whole wheat flour and 1/2 unbleached all purpose flour.  The original recipe can be found HERE and also includes instructions for how you can make this recipe GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN if you'd like.

I'm looking forward to sharing these tasty treats with my friends at the yarn shop tomorrow!  I bet the ladies will love them.




No comments: