Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Pizza Eggs



Pizza Eggs

Sure looks like pizza.  Smells like pizza, too!





Look a little closer.  Yep, Sure looks like pizza!






































Fooled you!  It's eggs. Pizza Eggs!  I was inspired to make pizza eggs for breakfast this morning and I loved it. I got the idea from the following blog post.  Click HERE to see more.  This was a snap to put together since I made pizza for my husband last night and had a few left over ingredients.

Here's how I made my pizza eggs:

Warmed up a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Sprayed in a little PAM cooking spray.
Cracked two whole eggs into the skillet (you could use egg substitute or you could scramble your eggs).
Sprinkled a little salt, pepper, and dried oregano over the eggs.
Then sprinkled about 2 tablespoons of Tomato & Basil pasta sauce over the eggs.
Cut about 4 turkey pepperoni slices into quarters and spread them around in a single layer over the eggs.
Sprinkled a little grated mozzarella cheese over all of that.
Covered the skillet with a lid hoping it would help the egg yolks cook through a bit.
When done, tore up a big fresh basil leaf and sprinkled it over the "pizza".

Pretty clever, huh?  I wish I could take credit for this idea.  This recipe is really great inspiration.  I think next time, I'd like to saute some onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms, and then add in two scrambled eggs and top it with the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.  Top your pizza eggs however you like.  Enjoy!

No comments: