Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Honey Crisp Apple Recipes






Honey Crisp Apple Season

I love this time of year for so many reasons. Fall colors, Halloween, Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING, and fresh, crisp apples.  This week, I tried two new recipes I found on one of my very FAVORITE healthy cooking blogs "Ambitious Kitchen" and both recipes call for Honey Crisp apples.  I should note that everything I have made from the Ambitious Kitchen blog has been so good.

Above and below, you can see Chickpea Apple Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing.  This recipe is great when you first make it and the leftovers are also great.  One could easily make this recipe vegan by swapping maple syrup for honey in the dressing.  I was in a bit of a hurry when I made up this recipe. I left out the parsley and the green onions and I substituted about 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder in place of the fresh minced garlic.  I also used more broccoli and less apple. Still, the recipe is great; it's a very flexible recipe.  Here is the link:

Recipe link is HERE.

Below, I am enjoying this salad with some Honey Smoked Salmon. They go well together.  Hmmm, HONEY Smoked Salmon, HONEY Crisp Apples, and HONEY Dijon Dressing. I think I see a theme here.



Here is the other recipe I tried this week.  This is Honey Mustard Apple Tuna Salad.  I love this recipe, too.  Next time I make this, I think I'd like to add some toasted nuts (pecans or walnuts perhaps).  On the Ambitious Kitchen blog, author suggests serving this salad over toasted slabs of sweet potato; I had my salad over some crisp iceberg lettuce.

The recipe link is HERE.

No comments: