Monday, August 12, 2019

Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs


Grilled Marinated Chicken Thighs


This a super simple recipe that just sort of happened when I got home from the grocery store the other day.  We had planned to grill up a few items and I grabbed a few boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds) at the meat counter.  I trimmed the excess fat from the chicken thighs and plopped them in a Pyrex pie plate. To the chicken thighs, I added...

  • the zest and juice from one lemon
  • about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • a handful of Italian flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
  • 3 small garlic cloves
  • about 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, more if desired
  • about 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, more if desired
  • a little salt and a little black pepper
Using kitchen tongs, I tossed the chicken thighs around in the marinade to coat all of the chicken and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes.  My husband grilled them over charcoal and they were seriously delicious.  Chicken thighs are a very inexpensive source of protein and are excellent on the grill.  I will make this again very soon!

No comments: